The UV resistant large silver domed-roof sun canopy fits all VW Type 2 Splits and Bays (T1, T2 and T3), as long as your bus has the rain gutter.
It is made from a sturdy nylon material and measures 2.4m x 3.4m (7' 10.5" x 11' 2") and comes complete with height-adjustable poles (1.4m to 2.2m or 55" to 87"), guy lines and stakes. Don't let its name fool you, it also repels water!
Shipping Box: 28"x10"x5" (18.8 Lbs.)
Fiber-reinforced Polypropylene Bag for Poles (28"x8"x2")
Nylon Bag for Silver Sun Canopy (28"x8"x1")
Nylon Bag for Stakes and Clamps (9"x3"x1")
1. Unpack all contents and verify parts against provided photos.
2. Unfold the canopy and place it upside down, which is actually the silver side down. Orient it to your vehicle. At two opposing edges there are sleeves for the horizontal poles. These should be parallel with your vehicle's rain gutter.
3. Assemble two metal horizontal poles (4 sections each). Notice that the other pole sections have a pin that will eventually fit inside the fiberglass poles once assembled.
4. Locate the top T-section of the legs an slide it over each outer section of the front horizontal pole.
5. Place the horizontal poles in their respective sleeves on both the front and vehicle side. Undo the velcro end caps on the sleeves to facilitate fitment. Re-velcro the end caps once the pole has been inserted into the sleeve.
6. Unfold and fiberglass pole and connect each of its sections.
7. Fit each fiberglass pole to the canopy in across the diagonals. Affix the ends of the poles to the fingers provided on the horizontal pole ends. A partner is helpful when doing this. However, it can be done with care by a single person. Note: the fiberglass poles are longer than the length of the canvas diagonally. The act of placing these poles, will create the domed effect.
8. Undo the velcro pockets and wrap them around the fiberglass poles. Reattach velcro.
9. Where the two fiberglass poles cross each other, use the tie that is sewn in the center of the canopy to wrap around both poles.
10. At this point the dome needs to be flipped over. it's helpful to have assistance, but can be done alone if necessary.
11. Connect the horizontal pole to the rain gutter, using the 3 provided clamps.
12. Depending upon the height that you desire, use either 3 or 4 poles for each leg. One pole for each leg provides for finer height adjustments.
13. Using the stakes provided, attach all guy lines to the ground or other objects as appropriate. It is also advisable to stake the legs to the ground as well.
Weight: 18lbs. 12.8oz.
Dimensions: 28" x 10" x 5"